Saturday Morning Breakfast

     Good morning!
                           Its a nice cool Saturday morning out and later today Jeff, Kaitlyn and I are going to the mall. Kaitlyn wants to get her nails done and then we are going to sears to get her birthday pictures done. She turned 13 on Monday, :'( My baby is growing up so fast!
                       
                           This morning Kaitlyn asked for breakfast. Well she does every weekend morning. She wanted her usual omelet. She loves them more than anything. Being the loving mommy I am I got up and showered, started coffee and got out a pan to fry some bacon. Now Jeff and I usually want something other than an omelet and that's OK. It doesn't take long to make something else and today that was breakfast burritos. Today my Omelet and Burritos have bacon, cheese, onions and potatoes. Kinda like making a while meal wrapped in eggs or a shell. I am sharing my photos of how I built each one along the way. Its easy to make I was in the kitchen less than 15 Min's and its delicious.

Bacon Frying



Kaitlyn's Omelet before stuffing it.

  
Scrambled mix for omelet and burrito   


Add Cheese on Burrito shell and Microwave for 40 seconds

top with Salsa of choice. We prefer Pace

add scrambled egg, bacon potato and onion



Finished Burrito. This one is over stuffed Jeff couldn't finish it all.

I took a photo of Kaitlyn's finished omelet but it didn't save on my camera for some reason but it was a 
pretty omelet and she said it was delicious. 

ENJOY
Melissa, Southern to the bone!




 

3 comments:

  1. Hi ! Your blog is wonderfull, and i follow it naturally.... I opened one too, so if you want you can come to visit and follow it...
    xo xo
    http://the-city-of-bl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy! That looks delicious! I'll have to be honest-- I'm typically skeptical of Southern cooking...and most Southern things, hahaha. Mostly because I'm a Californian and all I hear are those backwoodsy hick stories, haha. ;) Dumb stereotypes. Also for some reason I think everything there is in gravy or fried. Hahahahaha! But gosh, I haaave to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am very southern and I honestly eat very little fried foods. Fried is a southern thing but with the right seasoning baked and grilled can be just as good and much healthier. I do sometimes make home made gravy, usually from flour and milk or made with cream of mushroom soup. I am little backwoods hicky but I am married to a Portland Oregon man and he loves my cooking and my accent. My daughter loves my omelets and I use olive oil to keep down on the fat. Most southern people are really nice. I promise!

      Delete